De-icing / Anti-icing Training Course
Proper de- and anti-icing treatments are essential in safeguarding flight safety. There are numerous occasions in aviation history to underline this statement. This training course answers the most important questions regarding this, often underestimated, subject: why, how and when to de-ice/anti-ice an aircraft on the ground.
The following topics will be presented:
- An overview of regulations and standards for de-icing / anti-icing
- Winter contamination and the effects on aircraft performance
- De-icing / anti-icing fluids, their usage and Hold Over Times
- Different types of de-icing / anti-icing treatment and how they must be performed
- Ground – Flight deck communication
- The fluid residue issue and what measures can be taken to control the risks
- Quality control and personal safety
The course meets all requirements of the Recommendations for De-Icing/Anti-Icing Aeroplanes on the Ground, 25th Edition August 2010, of the Association of European Airlines (AEA). This standard is amongst others used by the IATA-De-icing/Anti-icing Quality Control Pool (IATA-DAQCP) which represents a large number of major airlines.
All stakeholders directly involved in the aircraft on ground de-icing/anti-icing process: Airline management and operational staff, Ground handling service providers, Maintenance organisations, Airport staff and NAA inspectors.
Basic aviation knowledge.
Provide a solid theoretical background for a safe de-icing / anti-icing operation.
Obtain an in-depth understanding of the aircraft on ground de-icing/anti-icing process.
€ 700, excl. VAT (19%)
The venue for the training course is:
World Trade Center Schiphol Airport
Schiphol Boulevard 127
1118 BG Schiphol Airport
Tel: +31 20 880 4233
Fax: +31 20 890 8490
For registration, please use the e-mail address above. Click here for the Training Terms & Conditions.